Become a speaker
Share your knowledge and best practice examples with a prime audience of higher education professionals by leading or moderating a session, workshop, poster session or Ignite© session at the EAIE Conference.
The EAIE is now accepting proposals for sessions, workshops, poster sessions and the all new Ignite© sessions to be held at the 25th Annual EAIE Conference in Istanbul from 10-13 September 2013.
What are we looking for?
The Conference Programme Committee (CPC) is looking for proposals that:
- Link to the conference theme ‘Weaving the future of global partnerships’
- Explore trends and developments in the field
- Share best practices and innovative solutions
- Examine controversial topics that evoke debate and discussion
- Strategies & stakeholders for global partnerships
- Middle East challenges & higher education systems
- Central Asia– trends and developments and hgiher education systems
- The Balkans – challenges and partnerships
- Mobility (virtual or physical)
- Horizon 2020
- Diplomacy in education
The EAIE Expert Communities assist the CPC in selecting proposals for the conference. A number of Expert Communities have suggested some current and relevant topics which may help give you some ideas for your proposal.
Tips for submitting a successful proposal
To give your proposal the best chance of being accepted for the 2013 EAIE Conference in Istanbul, follow our useful tips:
- Read through the submission information specific to the sessions, Ignite© sessions, workshops, and poster sessions to learn about the format, dates, contributor information, assessment criteria and more.
- If you are submitting a workshop or session proposal, please accurately choose at least oneExpert Community that best suits the topic of your proposal.
- Download the sample forms to help you to prepare your proposal thoroughly with fellow contributors in advance of submitting through the online process: session, Ignite© session,workshop, and poster session.
- Ensure all contributors have a complete and up to date biography on their EAIE account. If they do not yet have an account, they can create one here.
- Choose a short and catchy title for your proposal.
- When applicable, ensure that you include contributors from various institutions/countries and a variety of viewpoints.
- Check out the 2012 Conference Programme to see what’s been done before.
- Ensure your proposal is complete. Only complete proposals will be considered for review.