OPEN WORLD LECTURES @ FICHET
To promote openness and quality in Taiwan’s higher education, the Foundation for International Cooperation in Higher Education of Taiwan (FICHET) is hosting a lecture series entitled OPEN WORLD LECTURES @ FICHET. Starting this year, FICHET will be inviting outstanding foreigners from all walks of life in Taiwan to deliver lectures and share their experience of studying in Taiwan, along with inspiring and insightful stories to cultivate renewed interest in global learning mobility and thereby shorten distance between Taiwan and the rest of the world. To this end, FICHET is organizing a competition to design the logo of the lecture series, and is soliciting designs that evoke triumph over obstacles, fearlessness in the face of distance and adversity, and the courage and determination to change the world.
Organizer: Foundation for International Cooperation in Higher Education of Taiwan (FICHET)
Eligibility: Domestic and international students enrolled at universities in Taiwan
Deadline: Through October 4, 2020 (Sunday)
- The logo must emphasize the concept of the OPEN WORLD LECTURES @ FICHET and higher education in Taiwan, including globally diverse links, international excellence, and a life of adventure.
- The design must be suitable for enlargement and reduction for use in various promotional materials. The logo should be clearly identifiable and memorable, making it suitable for continued use for future lecture series.
- Individuals are limited to submit one entry, and should be accompanied with a title and description (limit 300 words).
- Entries should be provided digital formats in color and monochrome versions, along with vector image and PDF files with respective minimum output resolutions of 300dpi and 1024×1024.
- Entry form (see Attachment 1, including a 300-word concept description).
- Digital file of entry (use author name as file name).
- Please send both items by email to [email protected] using the subject line “FICHET LOGO Design + [author name]”
- Theme (40%)
- Originality and uniqueness (35%)
- Color scheme and aesthetics (25%)
- A selection committee comprised of organizer will evaluate all entries. To ensure fairness, author name will be redacted during review.
- Online voting for most “liked” will be used to select a Best Popularity Award. Polling will be open from October 6 to 11 (noon). The voting link will be announced on FICHET official website on October 6.
- Selection results will be announced on FICHET official website at the end of October, 2020. Winners will be notified by email or phone individually.
- To ensure the quality of the winning submissions, if no entries meet the selection criteria, no winner will be selected.
- First Prize: NT$30,000 (including tax)
- Honourable Mention (3 selections): NT$10,000 (including tax)
- Best Popularity Award (3 selections): AirPods Pro
All winners are not allowed to replace, exchange the Prizes for cash or similar value, and no repeat prize-winners within the categories. FICHET reserves the right to amend these awards rules at its sole discretion.
For more official rules, please see the other Terms and Conditions.