To gather the impressions of foreign students currently residing in Taiwan who are from Southbound nations
To understand the effectiveness of the implementation of our nation’s “New Southbound Talent Development Program” the Foundation for International Cooperation in Higher Education of Taiwan (FICHET) has developed an essay requisition contest to gather the impressions of foreign students currently residing in Taiwan who are from Southbound nations. We invite you to review the following proposal.
1. Eligibility: Foreign students currently studying at an institution of higher education within Taiwan (including degree-seeking students, language center students, and exchange students) that are from Southbound countries.
2. “Southbound” countries include 10 ASEAN nations (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Indonesia, Brunei, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, and Cambodia), 6 South Asian nations (India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, and Pakistan), as well as Australia and New Zealand totaling 18 countries.
3. Submission Period: All submissions must be made by March 31st, 2020
4. Essay Topic: Please fill out the Southbound Impressions of Taiwan Report, to see the format please refer to the attachment provided or click the following URL: http://bit.ly/2vNfT77
5. Required Documents: Please upload three personal photos, the resolution of a single file being no smaller than 2MB
6. Awards: The Foundation will select a total of 40 multi-part essays to publish on the MOE’s New Southbound Talent Development website, the Study in Taiwan website, and the website of our foundation. Each prize winner will each be rewarded gift certificates totaling NT$1,000 (minus 20% VAT)
7. Result Announcement: Contest results will be published on our website before the end of May of this year and the winners will also be contacted individually
8. Submissions can be made via https://forms.gle/kSYwanme7XHhXzoS9 (requires a google account to upload)