經由駐休士頓辦事處文化組吳組長提供訊息，Angelo State University有意願於本年美洲教育者年會期間，與臺灣學校進行交流合作洽談，相關資訊請參考附檔與下方信件，並請有意願與該校會談之學校自行與Dr. Lee聯繫。
Dear Director Sarah Wu in the Cultural Division of Taiwan Embassy in Houston,
Good to talk with you on the phone and I hope that this e-mail finds you doing well!
As I just revealed, I am really looking forward to working with you and to having students from Taiwan on ASU campus which I believe will be one of the best U.S. university for students from Asia.
Since I know that there will be a lots of questions with the establishment of new partnership, I, as Director of ASU Asian Division (Officially effective as of May 2012), will do my best in making it as easy for you as possible!
Regarding the information on ASU, please refer to the below:
1. Academic Calendar:http://www.angelo.edu/services/registrars_office/academic_calendar.php
2. ELLI (ESL) Program Dates and Costs: http://www.angelo.edu/dept/cis/elli/costs.php
3. Excluded Majors: Biology (Clinical Laboratory Science); Cultural Competence and Security Studies; Cultural Fluency and Security Studies; Modern Languages (French & German); and Nursing
4. Sample – Exchange Agreement (see the first attached)
5. Powerpoint presented at the 2012 KAIE Conference (see the second attached)
6. ASU at a glance (see the third attached)
7. Room & Board Rate (see the fourth attached)
8. In-State Tuition and Fees for Fall & Spring Semesters (see the fifth attached)
9. Out-of-State Tuition and Fees for Fall & Spring Semesters (see the sixth attached) – Just for a comparison purpose.
10. In-State Tuition and Fees for Summer Semester (see the seventh attached)
11. In-State Tuition and Fees for Summer Semester (see the eighth attached) – Just for a comparison purpose.
12. ASU major rankings (see the ninth attached)
13. Dr. Lee’s CV (see the last attached)
I hope that the information proves helpful.
Lastly, I bet that Japanese students will really enjoy their time here at Angelo State University and we look forward to making it a pleasurable experience for them. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any question(s) that you may have.
p.s. Director Wu: Many thanks to you for your willingness to help my recruiting efforts and your invitation to me for my meeting with Taiwanese University delegates at the 2012 NAFSA Conference in Houston.
Won-Jae Lee, Ph.D.
Director, Asian Division
Associate Professor of Criminal Justice
Department of Security Studies and Criminal Justice
Angelo State University
Member, Texas Tech University System
ASU Station #10896
San Angelo, TX 76909